[mythtv-users] nuv export.. maybe OT

Andy Kuan andy at kuan.net
Tue Apr 6 06:12:05 EDT 2004

I record in MPEG4 at 352x480, 2200kbps. However, I use nuvexport to get
either 2 or 3 half-hour shows (actually around 20:30 after commercials
are cut out) to fit on a 700M CD-R. To get 2 shows onto a CD-R, I
transcode to DivX at 352x240 with 64k audio and 2150k video. To get 3
shows onto a CD-R, I use 64k audio with 1350k video.

I recently picked up a PVR-250 and ran into problems with transcoding
MPEG2 files to DivX with nuvexport. The audio/video quickly goes out of
sync in the transcoded DivX file. Interestingly, if I choose option 8 in
nuvexport: "Transcode to XviD", the audio/video stay in sync in the file
that's created from the MPEG2 original. In practice, having to choose a
different transcoding option from what I'm used to doesn't really bother
me too much (though transcoding to xvid does take longer than
transcoding to divx), but in theory it really /should/ work and it bugs
me a little that it doesn't. Anyone experience this?

-Andy