[mythtv-users] Problems with alsa & spdif & myth

Brian Rumple brumple at VALUBOND.COM
Tue Apr 6 12:40:28 EDT 2004

I'm new to digital audio, but just bought a new receiver with both
optical and coaxial connections for it.  I have a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
mobo that has a SPDIF out on it.  What kind of cable do I have to get in
order to hook up SPDIF out from the mobo to the receiver.  Is it an
optical connection or coaxial?  I haven't found any useful information
on this yet, not for lack of searching.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of John Sturgeon
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 3:54 PM
To: wmilas at rarcoa.com; Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Problems with alsa & spdif & myth

Do you have myth "audio output device" set to /dev/adsp ?  That is the
one that is mapped in oss for me.  Also, I needed to add adsp_map=2 to
my snd-pcm-oss module #modproble snd-pcm-oss adsp_map=2

.15 CVS (available from ATrpm's bleeding repository) has native alsa
support enabled but I get a floating point exception (which has yet to
be addressed) whenever I try and use it.

Good Luck,

--
John <><