[mythtv-users] Jarrod's Guide for Debian?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Apr 6 13:55:38 EDT 2004

>>I'm a moderate novice at Linux. Just playing around, I've successfully
>>installed and set up most of the major Linux distros on a variety of
>>hardware (Red Hat, Mandrake, Debian, SuSE, and even Gentoo, plus a few
>>others). I've decided that I like Debian the best, for a variety of
>>arguable reasons (I'm really hooked on APT and dist-upgrade). I still
>>spend almost all of my "normal" computer time in Windows, however, so
>>I'm by no means Linux-literate.
>

> Well, if apt is the big reason you're sold on Debian... It exists for other
> distros as well, Fedora/Red Hat included. I use it a LOT. ;-)

Not only that, in Jarrod's guide he even has you install Apt. So if
that's the major reason you want to install Debian over Fedora then I
wouldn't bother.. I just finished an install with the Fedora guide,
worked great..

If you do go the Debian route, I would suggest installing with the new
Sarge installer.. Makes life so much easier.