[mythtv-users] ALSA and SPDIF Out For nForce2 Motherboards

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue Apr 6 19:30:30 EDT 2004

It's best to use version .15 for this.  Also, be warned.. I get a
floating point exception when trying to output audio to alsa
(AudioOutputDevice: ALSA:ice958).  The way I get my output to come out
SPDIF is by the following configuration
(nforce 2 board)
driver is intel8x0
outputting audio from mplayer -ao alsa9:spdif  (here I've heard people
use: spdif, iec958, hw:0,2, hw:0,1)
outputting audio from mythTV /dev/adsp0 (Make sure you have oss
emulation modules loaded)

Hope that helps,

--
John Sturgeon <><