[mythtv-users] Error While Compiling

Thomas Hudak tom at 1337consulting.net
Wed Apr 7 00:40:18 EDT 2004

Disclaimer: I have not used debian in years and dpkg options are not
coming to mind right now.
On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 22:51, ShadyX wrote:
> I'm trying to set up MythTV on Debian Sid witha  Hauppage 401 TV capture card.  I tried using the apt source list to install MTV, but the packages got me into a dependancy loop that I could not seem to resolve.  The meta packages required packages that required other packages which required the afformentioned packages.  I decided to install from the source, after this problem.  If I am not mistaken, I have all of MythTV's dependancies installed.  I succesfuly configure the install, and got to the 'make' step.  The following is the error I got:
Fair Enough.

First off - There is a dpkg equivalent to rpm's --nodeps where dpkg
ignores the dependency info so you can force one through a loop when
that happens. RTFM "man dpkg"
(rare but it happens occasionaly)

> In file included from NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp:24:
> NuppelVideoRecorder.h:15:23: lame/lame.h: No such file or directory
This basically says "NuppelVideoRecorder.h was called and wants to read
in $INCLUDEPATH/lame/lame.h but here is no such file or directory by
that name"

> In file included from NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp:24:
> NuppelVideoRecorder.h:153: error: syntax error before `*' token
The compile of NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp failed w/ an error, and so the
rest of the compile cannot continue.

> In file included from NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp:35:
> nuppeldecoder.h:15:23: lame/lame.h: No such file or directory
Same as the first but it was called again.

> In file included from NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp:35:
> nuppeldecoder.h:85: error: syntax error before `*' token
Again, the same as above, but this is the second call of the .h that
referenced lame.h which does not exist in the path it is looking.

The path these files are generally referenced in is /usr/include, so in
this case, lame.h should be in /usr/include/lame/lame.h

> make[2]: *** [NuppelVideoPlayer.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/flip/Documents/Software/Linux/Multimedia/MythTV/libs/libmythtv'
> make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/flip/Documents/Software/Linux/Multimedia/MythTV/libs'
> make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
This is verbose output of which errors occured during the make.
#1 at line 24 and #2 at line 35.

--

Let me know how you fair, source compiles do not fill "dpkg"
dependencies but do provide the required functionality for the package -

RTFM

;)

Tom