[mythtv-users] ME6000, Jarod FC1, PVR350, *DMA ERROR*

KMF katoom at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 7 08:15:26 EDT 2004

Howdy!

On 2004.04.06 21:59, bishop wrote:
> KMF wrote:
>>  I experienced this problem on my EPIA system with some versions
>> of the Ivtv driver but not with Matthias' 0.1.9a driver nor
>> with the 0.1.10pre2 with Chris kennedy's patches 01-04.
>
> It sounds like problems #1 and #2 are potentially related to my ivtv
> version.
>
> Hmm.  I've still got ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at-0.1.9-
> 25.rhfc1.at
>  (a 0.1.9 driver) because I'm unwilling to deviate too far from a
> common linux installation set.  I've worked with too many support
> people, back when my job actually was to build RPMs, to even consider
> deviating.  Support people - especially the volunteer ones, tend to
> cringe at systems of random software that are misbehaving.

   I understand exactly what you mean but the reality is that
 Myth and ivtv are still very young and it's pretty complicated
 to make everything work with the large number of permutations
 of cards/motherboards/OS. You are likely to save yourself a lot
 of grief if you at least give some of the development ivtv drivers
 a spin.

   The ivtv driver that shipped with KnoppMyth R4V2 was pretty
 fragile for my setup. Matthias' X driver and the 0.1.9a ivtv
 driver were easy to install (and back out if necessary) and
 resulted in a fairly stable system. Since I've been using
 Chris Kennedy's 01-04 patches to 0.1.10pre2 I have had *zero*
 failures in 5 days of live TV and recordings. That's a
 record for me!  You may not be so lucky but it's worth a
 shot.

   Good luck,

--

    Kevin Flaherty