[mythtv-users] RE: No Sound as of 1 April

Morrison, Kerry kerry.morrison at nmci-isf.com
Wed Apr 7 08:28:59 EDT 2004

Hey I remembered to change the subject this time! The situation hasn't changed. I can cat /dev/video or video1 (2 tuners) and I capture video but no audio. I copied the files to a windows box and I don't have any sound in media player either. I can still play MP3s perfectly with mplayer. I've checked the msp3400 file via the instructions in the Mythtv HowTo and it seems to be using the correct version. alsamixer has master maxed out, pcm set to capture and maxed out. I've tried muting/capturing all of other options but nothing changes. I keep thinking I must have messed up the msp3400 somehow. I DID copy the ivtv version of the msp3400 and did a depmod but that didn't help either. I've moved the Myth box back to the basement so that I stop annoying my family. I have it hooked up to a monitor and pc speakers now. All of the output volumes are maxed. It initially took me over a month to get this working right (I knew I shouldn't have recompiled the kernel) but keep being drawn like a moth to the standard windows solution... reformat-reinstall
	Thanks,
		Kerry