[mythtv-users] mythtv corrupts my ivtv and vx settings???

Peter Martens peter.martens at home.nl
Wed Apr 7 13:43:36 EDT 2004

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] Namens Joseph A. Caputo
Verzonden: woensdag 7 april 2004 16:43
Aan: Discussion about mythtv
Onderwerp: Re: [mythtv-users] mythtv corrupts my ivtv and vx settings???

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 10:09, peter.martens at home.nl wrote:
> When I try LiveTV the screen gets blank and iI get an error saying
> "remote encoder could not be found"

Sounds like you've misconfigured your backend.  This error message indicates
that mythbackend thinks that the tuner is in a different machine (another
backend), and it can't contact the backend it thinks should be in charge of
that tuner.  Re-run mythtv-setup and answer "yes' to the first prompt about
clearing capture card settings.  Then
check:

Master Backend IP

It should either be 127.0.0.1 (if you have only a single machine acting as
both frontend & backend) or it should be the IP address of your master
backend as visible on your home network.  Now proceed through the setup
screens and set up your tuner card again.

Also, it helps to have a "correct" network setup.  If your hostname is
"localhost.localdomain" it could cause problems in the future.  Do youself a
favor and make sure you have a "real" hostname.

-JAC

Thanks JAC. But...
I tried re-running the mythtvsetup after clearing the changes. No succes...
Didn't try the real hostname... But I don't have a clue how I do that.
My machine is running as frontend and backend. I have a home network
(dynamic IP's) with a linux box and an XP box.