[mythtv-users] MythTV questions...

John Sutherland garion at twcny.rr.com
Wed Apr 7 15:09:10 EDT 2004

I'm fairly sure its the drive.. I've had the drive in numerous machines in
the past, and its always been slow.. Even in machines where I get 40M/sec
on other drives.. And DMA is turned on.. along with 32bit mode, etc...

I think its a known problem on that drive.. I usually just keep it around
for backup.. I'll endup buying a new drive anyways (40G is too small for
Myth anyways).. I was using it only cause I have nothing else right now :)
I really would liek to avoid buying another mahcine though, so I'm hoping
the channel switching problems will go away with a new drive..

--
--John