[mythtv-users] future episode and movie list

David Blevins david.blevins at visi.com
Thu Apr 8 03:20:55 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 02:39:07AM +0200, Maarten van den Berg wrote:
> On Thursday 08 April 2004 01:37, David Blevins wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 04:44:54PM -0700, Chris Germano wrote:
> > > I heard about this cool feature on a Tivo where you can add a title
> > > of a movie or show and when it appears in the schedule it will
> > > record it. Would be cool to add support for this somewhere. Every so
> > > often it can match the list with the current downloaded schedule and
> > > if any are hits schedule a new recording. Then we could just list tv
> > > shows and movies that aren't currently showing up in this weeks
> > > schedule, and when they are found they will be recorded.
>
> I vote for this, too.
>
> > I wrote something like that for my mythtv setup.  I took an opposite
> > approach to solving the problem though.  You setup mythtv to record
> > the show, then block out episodes you don't want.  When things go
> > right, it's the same outcome as what you mention.  But when things go
> > wrong, you only end up with a show or two you didn't want--rather than
> > not getting a show you *did* want.
>
> No, there is one really important difference.  You can't use your
> approach if the show you're interested in just isn't showing.
[snip]

Sure.

You can add a rule to record the show whenever shown anywhere on any
channel with something like this.

----------
#!/bin/bash

TITLE=$1

mysql -s -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg <<EOF
INSERT INTO record (type, title, profile) VALUES (4, '$TITLE', 'Default')
EOF

Then just run mythtvepisodes if there are any individual episodes you
don't want.

Not a perfect solution, a bit of a hack, but better than nothing.

-David