[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 33

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 8 15:13:17 EDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Michael Luich wrote:

>>> Mythtv compiles fine but when I go to compile mythmusic i get errors in
>>> cddecoder. Am i missing a prerequisite?

It looks like you either a) don't have cdparanoia (
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/ ) installed, or, more likely, b) it's
installed in a location that's not in your INCLUDEPATH and/or LIBS path.

The most likely problem is that paranoia's headers were installed into
/usr/include/cdda.  If so (look for a file
/usr/include/cdda/cdda_paranoia.h to find out), edit settings.pro and
uncomment

#INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/cdda

(by removing the leading "#" symbol).

If, however, it's installed in a different location such as /opt, for
example, (look for /opt/include/cdda_paranoia.h), edit settings.pro and add:

INCLUDEPATH += /opt/include
LIBS += -L/opt/lib

Note, FLAC may also require a separate include, like

INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/FLAC

or

INCLUDEPATH += /opt/include/FLAC

HTH.