[mythtv-users] Edited table, can't watch recorded program

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Fri Apr 9 06:13:53 EDT 2004

> I edited the subtitle and description of two shows directly inside
mysql... they timestamp changed
> (to the time of the editing) and I cannot watch them. Any way to salvage
them or are they gone?

As long as as you know the original times, you can simply set the fields
back to what they were. You can get the original times form the filename.
Shouldn't be too hard to dig out. The files aren't gone. They are still in
your recordings directory.

If you are using something like MySQLCC you'll need to at least set the
first time column (should be starttime) last.

Basically when you update something with a time field you need to do an SQL
command like this (my sql is a little rusty but you'll get the idea):
UPDATE recorded SET starttime=starttime, endtime=endtime, description="new
description" WHERE <some condition>

You have suffered from this:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/TIMESTAMP_pre-4.1.html

CH