[mythtv-users] Guide for tuning system settings for smooth media/PVR (system also does video surveillance, speech)

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Fri Apr 9 06:46:18 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'd kindly aks for some guidance. I have Asus Pundit P4 2.4G under Suse 9.0
and get occasionals stutters on live tv and watching recordings or DVD.
Since my PC is integrated home server, also does video surveillance, serving
music files, speech synthesis etc...

Where could I find any guide how to tune this system to do smooth PVR being
one of top priorities ?
How to structure priorities in such system ?
There are quite some applications that do take a lot of CPU instantly, but
then settle down most of the time (video surveillance for instance) - so
average use is small, but sudden bursts probably cause small stutters in
video playback. How to tackle this problem.

Beside priorities there must be some other possibilities too ?

 Regards,

Robert.