[mythtv-users] MPEG2 Editing

Jason Lee mythtv at theleehouse.net
Fri Apr 9 09:45:32 EDT 2004

This may be slightly off-topic, but I'm curious as to what others are
using to edit videos.  I have a PVR-250, so I have MPEG2 files to edit.
  I want to cut commercials out of my recordings (side note:  I've not
used the built in commercial marking/cutting/transcoding as I've been
unable to make it work.  I'd tag a file and mark it for transcoding, and
the log showed the transcode process aborted due to "changes in the cut
list file", start again, fail again, start again, fail again ad
nauseum).  At any rate, I've tried GOPchop, which works pretty well
until I try to watch the resulting videos in MythTV.  When I fast
forward, it's not a smooth jump as it is in unedited files.  Instead, it
  gets really choppy with large, square pixelated chunks of the image
(if that makes any sense ;).  Any have any clues as to what I'm doing
wrong?  If anyone can tell me how to fix my transcoding problems or
point me to a web page that can, I'll take that too. :)  Thanks a lot!

--
jason lee
Steeplesoft -- http://www.steeplesoft.com