[mythtv-users] Input/output error on /dev/video0 (PVR-350)

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Fri Apr 9 12:06:10 EDT 2004

> James Pifer wrote:
>I can't get past this problem. I've built my mythtv TV machine several
>times in the last 8 months (although I always seem to have something go
>a little bit different) I've never had this problem. If I try to do a dd
>or a cat of video0 such as below, I get an Input/output error. I've
>tried what Jarod's guide suggests, rmmod and modprobe of ivtv, but it
>still fails after I do that. In messages I get:
>Apr  8 21:18:28 mythtv kernel: ivtv: Timeout waiting for data!
>
>I've come up pretty empty on searches. Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>James

Verify that you are running ivtv version 0.1.9-25. Any newer version seems
to show this issue (at least with my pvr-250MCE Rev 1 anyway)

The following command will verify what driver is loading...

    # dmesg | grep "ivtv: version"
    ivtv: version 0.1.9 (release) loading

Anything other than the above appears to be unstable.