[mythtv-users] Sound is way overmodulated

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Fri Apr 9 14:56:56 EDT 2004

I had everything working, then stupid me reboots before saving any of my
settings.. Now I'm back to square one with my sound..

To keep all my cables internal I have the audio out from my STB TV card
going into the CD-In of the motherboard.

If I load xawtv it sounds okay, not great, but okay and I can change the
volume with no problem

In MythTV however it sounds bad, WAY overmodulated.. I can get the
volume to turn down, but what's coming out of the TV card is WAY to loud
so it still sounds crappy.

Any ideas?