[mythtv-users] Smallest, cheapest case?

Bradley Bell bradleyb at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 9 17:40:32 EDT 2004

I'm planning on using the case from an ibm netvista (one of these:
http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52280)

It's very compact, needs low-profile PCI cards (I'm going to use a Leadtek
TV2000XP (bt878, non-mpeg)
I think I may need an ATX power extender since the power supply is on the
opposite side of the MB.
Anybody else used one of these?  Comments?
Anyway, these are very cheap on eBay, usually less than $10.

-brad

45-003&depa=1

I put a Chaintech 7NIF2 board in it, 40GB and 200GB hard drives, a capture
card and a sound card.  I've had no problems with it.  I put in two extra
60mm case fans to help with cooling.  Not the quietest thing in the world,
but it's small, cheap, and looks good sitting in the entertainment center on
top of the DVD player.

I'm running both a frontend and backend on this machine under Mandrake 9.2.
Solid as a rock.  Just trying to get my remote control working now.