[mythtv-users] Smallest, cheapest case?

KMF katoom at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 9 19:41:55 EDT 2004

Howdy!
On 2004.04.09 13:18, Ed Benckert wrote:
> Can someone recommend the smallest, most affordable case they have
> come across?

   What do you need inside the case? I.e. which motherboard,
 drives, cards, power supply, etc...

   I've got a SolarPC 2U box, 11"W X 8.5"D X 3.5"H, (basically
  the size of a thick stack of letter  paper) like so:

     http://www.solarpc.com/pvr234.jpg

  (I don't have the keyboard or the mini-monitor)

  It's sweet for the way that I use Myth so far. It's
 not silent as it has a hard drive as well as a case
 and CPU fan but it can be run *really* quiet. It's
 packed with an EPIA V10K, 160GB 3.5" Seagate, PVR-350,
 and an NEC DVD-RW. If I was willing to use a 2.5" drive
 (or put the hard drive outside the box) it would accept
 two PCI cards.  It's the smallest stereo/video component
 in the living room but the slickest.

    Later!

--

    Kevin Flaherty