[mythtv-users] Knoppmyth alsa - reboot loses settings

jpainter at cox.net jpainter at cox.net
Sun Apr 11 19:06:32 EDT 2004

I have a bt878 card, piping tis audio into my nforce2 motherboard into the AUX input on the motherboard.  I can fire up alsamixer, mute the input, set it to record and all is well.  However, I have been looking for a week tring to figure out how to STORE the settings and I am about to pull my hair out.

Tries alsactl store first, like in the docs.  It didnt come with alsactl, I did an apt-get on alsa-utils and it did partially install.  I have alsactl now, but running alsactl store tells me it cant open the config file.  I used the -f flag to force it to a different location, however I have no idea how to make it read the options from there on boot.

There are other posting here that talk about using aumix to store the settings.  It works for changing running settings, but I can't save my settings (tells me the .aumixrc file can't be open.  Again, I can force it to another file, but I have no idea how to get it to read these settings on boot.

Knoppmyth uses some knx-alsa package instead of regular alsa-driver and alsa-utils, I think this has somethign to do with it but im too much of a NOOB to figure this out apparently.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Justin Painter
jpainter at ieee.org