[mythtv-users] Enhancement request?

GERALD SCHEPENS schepens at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 12:46:04 EDT 2004

I think it would be great if lirc always directed its output to mythfrontend, regardless of what was in the foreground.

Sometimes I'm doing other things on the computer and I forget that I don't have mythfrontend in the foreground, so when I press buttons on the remote, they don't do anything.

Maybe there's a good reason why the system is set up that way that I'm not aware of.  But if there isn't, I think it'd be cool for lirc to send its output to mythfrontend specifically rather than just whatever's in the foreground.  I'm sure there are dozens of ways this could be accomplished.  Maybe lirc could make its output available to programs via a socket that clients connect to?  Maybe something interesting could be done with pttys?

Just a random thought on a Monday.