[mythtv-users] ALSA and SPDIF Out For nForce2 Motherboards

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 12 14:30:20 EDT 2004

Derek Watson wrote:

>Thanks Mike... much clearer :-)
>
>I now get audio output via SPDIF using ALSA:digital, but have terrible
>sync and jitter problems when doing so. I get a constant stream of
>"Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!" messages and the video stops
>and starts every 1-2 seconds. The audio actually sounds mostly ok, it's
>continuous except for occasional hiccups, but is way out of sync with
>the video.

Just a wild guess, but are you sure your mythtv was built with ALSA
support.  There's a section in mythtv's settings.pro:

# Native ALSA support
#CONFIG += using_alsa
#ALSA_LIBS = -lasound

Uncomment the CONFIG and ALSA_LIBS when building mythtv and see if that
helps.  May not help, but that's all I can think of.

Mike