[mythtv-users] Re:mythmusic gui woes

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Mon Apr 12 17:04:51 EDT 2004

With the new cascading left-to-right menus, it also seems that now
there is less control given to theme writers on making the interface
look decent.  With the old tree view, the theme writer could control
the outside frame, highlight bar, font and text colors.

How does one go about customizing the new tree selection thing as part
of an installable theme?  Say I wanted to get rid of the green
coloring or the top-to-bottom gradient on the menu bars and use an
image background.

Given what's been going on with the Xbox Media Center, it's making me
all the more depressed that Myth isn't better than it is from a
user-facing perspective.  I think there has been a LOT of great focus
on the underlying technology, and it does stuff that no other software
app can even touch.  What I would love to do is focus on making a new
theme that polishes up the interface to "compete", if you will, with
the Xbox Media Center.