[mythtv-users] Tuner capture problems with PVR-250

Cave Wetterau cwetterau at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 13 12:57:45 EDT 2004

I am running a shuttle SS51G with a Hauppauge PVR-250.  Fedora FC1.
Following Jarod's http://wilsonet.com/mythtv directions.

The chip on the board says it is a SAA7115HL RA4573.1

It has the Conexant MPEG II encoder CX23416-2

Also printed on the card are NTSC/NTSSC-J 32032 Rev B326

I have tried both the .9 and .10 versions of ivtv with no success in being
able to capture video

when issueing the test_ioctl -p command I never see one in the dmesg that
says it is for the tuner.  I get svideo and composite.

I have made this hardware work under windows XP so I know the hardware and
my setup is functioning.

I get the timeout waiting for data error message when I attempt the cat
command.

I am open to any and all suggestions.  I have even tried Knoppmyth with no
success, I have also gone forward setting up Mythtv and not gotten it to
work.

Cave