[mythtv-users] disabling unused parts

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Apr 13 14:59:29 EDT 2004

I think others have mentioned you need a capture card... I'm not sure
about disabling this, or building only portions for mythmusic.  However,
in any case you will still need mysql.  The mythmusic stores it's music
metadata and playlist information in the database.  In fact any settings
related to Myth (save for one, the ip address of the database), are in
the database.

If music is all you want, there might still be other, faster, options
out there for you.  I looked for a bit, but couldn't find anything that
was strictly server-centric.  Most were just jukeboxes for streaming to
separate clients.  Mythmusic is (hopefully) slated to get much better
with the UI rewrite and the new mfd, but I've not personally looked at
either yet.