[mythtv-users] Need help using ATI remote with 2.6.4 and LIRC

Jeff Mottishaw jmot at mottie.com
Tue Apr 13 15:37:40 EDT 2004

There is a program called xev that reports what "keycode" each button of the
remote is sending (once you get the gatos module working), and then you can
build a .Xmodmap from there..

Xmodmap basically tells X that when it sees "X" it should interpret it as
"Y" so when you send a keycode 110 (pause) it will see it as a "p" or
whatever else you want it to be.

My .xinitrc

/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap /home/myth/.Xmodmap &
/usr/bin/fluxbox &
mythfrontend

Example .Xmodmap

! QUIT
keycode 222 = Escape
! PLAY
keycode 168 = Return
! PAUSE
keycode 110 = p
! STOP
keycode 232 = x
! FULLSCREEN
keycode 140 = f
! EJECT
keycode 26 = e
! MUTE
keycode 160 = m

Here is the keycode for each button (as reported by my remote, some report
differently)

    keycode 38
    keycode 56
power/mute