[mythtv-users] Question - how to write saved video to dvd standard.

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Tue Apr 13 18:56:27 EDT 2004

    Peter> Hi, I would like (my wife) to be able to select saved
    Peter> video's from disk and write them tot dvd so they can be
    Peter> played on a normal dvd player (without my help). Can i do
    Peter> that with mythTv standard, need extra software. Who has any
    Peter> experience with this?

What type of DVD player do you want to play them on?

Remember that there are multiple competing standards for writing DVDs,
and a "normal DVD" player may not be able to understand the format
your burner supports.

On this topic, is there any good online guide that describes all of
these DVD formats (IIRC: R-, R+, W-, W+, etc)? Just trying to think
about this makes my head hurt!
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>