[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit Audio Problems

Dave Stocker backwardscamel at slackcrew.com
Tue Apr 13 22:45:43 EDT 2004

Tried a couple different things to try and resolve this. First I was
going over the settings in my kernel and realized I didn't have the real
time clock option enabled for ALSA. With this option on the audio gets
louder but is still filled with static. This is when using the audio
cable hooked from the TV card to the soundcard.

Next I thought I would try telling the card to create its' own sound
devices (I am assuming that is what was meant by "digital loopback" in
the comments below). So I pass in the following options for the module:
oss=1 oss_debug=1 audio_debug=1
(Also tried passing in oss_rate=32000 as I was reading that this is the
rate you need for this card but it made no differencef).
I assume that you need to change the audio device setting under
mythsetup to be the new device created (in this case dsp1) but keep the
audio out device under mythfrontend to be the same as it was (dsp).
With all this setup I get absolutely no audio from live tv. (not even
interference). This is checking from both the SPDIF outs and the regular
line outs. I get the following messages back from the saa7134 module
when I start the live tv but not sure if there is anything of use:

saa7133[0]/audio: tvaudio thread scan start [1]
saa7133[0]/audio: NTSC scan
saa7133[0]/audio: scanning: M
saa7133[0]/audio: tvaudio thread status: 0x100000 [no standard detected]
saa7133[0]/audio: detailed status: ############# init done
saa7133[0]/oss: buffer config: 64 blocks / 4096 bytes, 256 kB total
saa7133[0]/oss: buffer config: 1024 blocks / 1024 bytes, 1024 kB total
saa7133[0]/oss: buffer config: 64 blocks / 4096 bytes, 256 kB total
saa7133[0]/oss: buffer config: 1024 blocks / 1024 bytes, 1024 kB total
saa7133[0]/oss: rec_start: afmt=16 ch=2  =>  fmt=0x21 swap=-

Also these messages at the time of module install (Not sure if the
timeout is normal):

saa7133[0]: board init: gpio is 0
saa7133[0]: dsp access wait timeout [bit=WRR]
saa7133[0]/oss: mixer input = TV
saa7133[0]: dsp access wait timeout [bit=WRR]

And might as well include an lsmod while I am at it:

Module                  Size  Used by
tda9887                 9800  -
tuner                  17228  -
saa7134                89196  -
video_buf              16740  -
v4l2_common             4512  -
v4l1_compat            13188  -
i2c_core               17860  -
ir_common               3204  -
b44                    18468  -

Am I doing something wrong in setting up the tuner audio? Thanks to
everyone for the help.