[mythtv-users] trying to get my gamepad working with mythgame

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 01:13:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a Logitech Wingman Cordless RumblePad USB game controller that
I'm trying to use with xmame/mythgame.  I have a Fedora box with myth
installed, running the latest atrpms kernel per Jarod's guide, and
mythgame works great when using the keyboard.

The gamepad is recognized by the system.  When I do

	$ jstest --event /dev/input/js0

I can see the events scrolling by as I click buttons, etc. on the
gamepad.  However, when I try to use the gamepad with mythgame, it
doesn't have any effect.

I'm loading the following modules:

	usbcore
	usb-uhci
	joydev
	input
	hid
	adi

I also tried adding the following to /etc/modules.conf, based on a

	alias char-major-13 analog
	pre-install analog modprobe joydev

But that made no difference.  Can anyone help me get this working?
Thanks :-)