[mythtv-users] trying to get my gamepad working with mythgame

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 05:18:48 EDT 2004

Mike,

Make sure that you're telling xmame to use the
gamepad, by default I don't think that it will.

You'll need to use the argument "-jt 4" (I think), if
I recall correctly, this tells xmame to use the Linux
x86 joystick support.

I found that I had better success putting it in an
xmamerc file than using the MythGame configuration.

I used to be using a pair of Sidewinder gamepads, but
found that they just didn't have that right feel for
the games that I play (fighting games mainly).  So, I
sprung for an X-Arcade pad, and it is sweet!

-- Joe