[mythtv-users] Random horizontal lines on live tv, Pundit S-video out

Alex Wyatt betaalpha410 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 08:25:09 EDT 2004

--- Khanh Tran <khanh at slc.edu> wrote:
> I'm using the Asus Pundit's s-video out, although
> I'm not sure it's
> specific to that output.  I keep getting random
> horizontal green or
> white (I can't tell) lines while watching live tv.
> Anyone have any
> ideas on how to get rid of them?  I'm using the
> kereneldeint filter and
> DVD Special-2 as the stream type on a PVR-250.
>
> Thanks...
>
> -Khanh

Have you followed up on this with Thomas Winischhofer
yet?  I'm having what sounds like the same problem on
my Pundit with the composite output.  I'm seeing mine
on both live TV and playback of recordings.  I've been
out of town, so I haven't had a chance to email my
config and logs to him, yet.  If I get an answer, I'll
post it here so that anyone else who may have this
issue in the future can find it, but it will probably
be the weekend before I have a chance to do anything
more.  See my post to the list on April 7 "Horizontal
Lines Flashing On Playback" for a description of my
problem.  Here are some more observations from my
system:

- I do not see the flashing horizontal lines when I
view recordings or live TV on my monitor, it's just
the TV-out.
- The lines are greatly reduced in frequency (almost
to the point of acceptability) when viewing one of my
low quality home video mpg's that I have on a Samba
share.  One of the things I want to do is move a
recording over to that file and view it with mplayer
to see if I can see a difference there.  Again, I've
been out of town and haven't had a chance to mess with
it.

Hopefully someone will be able to point us in the
right direction with this one, since those horizontal
lines are pretty annoying.

Thanks,
Alex