[mythtv-users] deinterlacing

Stephen Atkins atkinss at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 14 10:48:38 EDT 2004

Hello all.  Now that I've got a fairly stable mythtv box going I would like to
work on deinterlacing the video.  Currently I'm just using the the check box
deinterlace and X is running at 800x600 which give a much better picture than
1024x768.  I haven't tried getting Gatos running to hook it up to my tv yet.  I
figure if I can get the picture great on a monitor it will be even better on the
tv.  Any way tvtime seems to do a very good job of deinterlacing the picture.
It's really noticable when watching sports (huge Calgary Flames fan. We beat
Vancouver 4 nothing last night!).  If anyone has some suggestions let me know.

Stephen