[mythtv-users] S-Video Problems

Colin Bell colinb at gatewest.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 11:56:27 EDT 2004

On 14 Apr 2004, at 13:38, Julian Edwards wrote:

> SVIDEO can transport composite also, so you have probably got the wrong
> SVIDEO input selected.  I can't remember which you  need for a 250 but
> I'm sure you'll find it with experimentation in the mythtvsetup
> program.  If you choose the wrong setting from whatever is being input
> you'll always find that the signal is B&W rather than colour.

Thanks for the input Julian. I did try the different S-Video ports in
Mythtvsetup but I only get video though S-VIDEO 0. I tried different
combinations but would just end up recording a blank screen. My Grundig
TV lets me tell it to talk to my Myth box in S-VIDEO.

All I can do at this time is run a cron job every minute to run the
"test_ioctl -p 0" command to get colour back. This means that up to the
first minute of every recording is black & white.

On 14 Apr 2004, at 13:57, Brian Huffman wrote:

> First thing that comes to mind:  Did you bounce mythbackend?  You need
> to do
> that to pick up changes to the capture card input.

Thanks Brian. The box has been this way for a couple of days which has
included several restarts (it locks up every time after a recording -
but thats another story). I do make a point of restarting the backend
every time I modify settings with mythtvsetup.

Still no luck though.