[mythtv-users] Features / Operation

Nick Kaijaks nick at kaijaks.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 12:27:19 EDT 2004

> Does everybody like the way the 'TV' menus/functions of myth are
> organized? Currently to do anything to a recorded show you need
> to go to TV, then to 'Watch Recordings, or Recording Priorities,
> or Delete Recordings, etc'. The way the Tivo worked was all this
> was available from the 'Recorded Shows' menu.

Hi all,

I tend to do most things from the 'Watch Recordings' page, along with
'Fix Recording Schedule' to see future plans, but I must admit that it
does slightly surprise me that there's not one screen that has both past
and future recordings listed outside the EPG. I'm told that needing to
use these several menus is a minus on the WAF too.

I know that MythWeb is an option, but managing with a single remote and
no computer is a big plus to the WAF. I can't see anything in the mythtv
docs about whether this is something that is themeable (or indeed how to
write themes!), or if it involves hacking code. In either case I'd
probably better bow and make a polite exit :-/

My 2p,
Nick