[mythtv-users] pcHDTV card red light

Gaelons Gaelons gaelons at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:21:29 EDT 2004

When mythtvbackend starts, the pcHDTV red light comes on immediately.

I am using Red Hat 9 with the latest pcHDTV drivers for RH9 off the website.
  I can watch HDTV through mplayer and xine.  I am getting great signal
strength.

I'm using MythTV via CVS and after starting / stopping mythfrontend and
mythbackend many times, I was able to NOT get a red light a single time and
was able to watch TV.  Later it locked up and I haven't been able to NOT get
a red light since.

Can someone give me a "Troubleshooting List" of what kinds of things I
should be looking at?

Thanks,
Chad Bradley