[mythtv-users] Second tuners questions

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 16:42:33 EDT 2004

Hi, first of all, let me start with the disclaimer that I did not find
anything in the archives on this and that is why I am posting it here.

I have a couple of questions regarding setups with two capture cards:

I have two PVR-250 MCE (Rev. 2) using ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck05 in my box
and they both work well with some minor exceptions (that is where the
questions come in):

1. If I have a recording scheduled and it starts while I am watching
LiveTV, Myth always displays a box saying that it "...wants to record a
show..." and asks that I either watch it while recording, start
recording and go back to the TV menu screen, or cancel the recording.
Why is it picking up the second tuner (which is not doing anything at
the time) and using that to record. Both tuners are setup to use the
Input source.
If I go back to the menu, and then hit Watch TV, I can watch live TV
while the other show is being recorded...

2. (this might be for the ivtv list) Both tuners work fine as long as I
don't use PIP, as soon as I turn PIP on, the tuner that does the PIP
gets messed up. The PIP window skips every two seconds (at which time,
the mythfrontend spits out that it does not have enough data). After
closing the PIP window, I can't use that tuner to record. Actually, I
can but the picture is in, what looks like fast-motion, and most of the
time it is squeezed in the top part of the frame. The bottom part is
either junk or a still image of an old frame. The only thing that help
the situation is rebooting. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanx for your time and help!

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net