[mythtv-users] transcoder locks system?

Thomas Lann doctorubel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 17:03:29 EDT 2004

I have a similiar issue with Ripping DVDs.
When I try to rip it does one of two things.
1.  It stops ripping and deletes the .vob that it
should write to the hard drive giving one of several
errors in mtd.log.  there is also no .avi file
2. It freezes with X freezing and no ssh access.  I
can 't kill X using Ctrl-Alt-BckSpce or anything else.

I have to admit that ripping a dvd has worked once.
But only once and out of maybe 30 times or trying.

Someone else has recommended a few things to me that
hasn't worked out.  I still have to respond to that
message but I wanted to try ripping and transcoding
from the command line to see if that would work.

If it does I was going to make an alias or a script to
do it from the command line until I figure out the
issue.