[mythtv-users] problems switching channels (maybe because of mythfilldatabase erros)

Erwin van der Koogh mythtv at koogh.com
Wed Apr 14 18:35:52 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

> But I am having some problems switching channels. The card is set up and
> works like a charm. I am able to use ptune.pl to change the channel to
> something and then watch it with MythTV.
>
> The problem is that I am unable to change the channel to something else.

I have progressed some.. where as yesterday there was no reaction at all,
by fiddling around with the database some more MythTV actually thinks it
switches over to a new channel now, but it never really happens. I do get
to see the channel info overlay now, something that didn't happen before.

What I tried to do now is use the external tune command with my setup (to
call ptune.pl manually), but for some reason it's never called. I even
wrote a simple shell script to log the first argument, but that wasn't
called at all. Maybe a thing to try would be to upgrade to CVS Myth, but
does anyone have any pointers on how to easily upgrade KnoppMyth R4V2 to
MythCVS?

> I read that the root cause might be the mythfilldatabase script, as I
> live in the Netherlands I had to run a mythfilldatabase --manual and
> filled it in, trying it out with only 3 channels E9 (Nederland 1), E11
> (Nederland 2) and E7 (Nederland 3). That generates a whole bunch of
> duplicate key errors, but when I look in the database (or in Myth) the
> information is in there, including channel information in the
> mythtv-setup channel editor.

My errors when filling the database still persist and I don't know causes
them, escpecially because the data does end up in the database.
Another problem I have noticed is that ptune.pl segfaults after changing
the channel. Anyone else obversed this?

> My setup:
>
> Hauppage 350
> AMD 2700+
> Nvidea (reasonable new, can't remember model)
> KnoppMyth R4V2

Thanks!

Erwin