[mythtv-users] Re:MythTV Help Website

Maarten van den Berg mythtv at ultratux.org
Wed Apr 14 20:24:16 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 22:36, Dan Morphis wrote:
> Search the archives, its been asked, and answered multiple times

O M G !!
This just further proves the need for a wiki.  Let's see what happened here,
shall we ?  Some enlightened souls suggest using a wiki, saying that looking
through ML archives and google just isn't very productive nor handy.
Someone also remarks that still way too often people are referred to "search
the archives, use google" as answers to their questions.

...And lo and behold, what is the answer to "let's install a wiki" ? yep... :(

On a personal note, I vote for a wiki. I find that the current docs are indeed
lacking, especially more so if:
* You're NOT using a PVRx50 card
* You're NOT located in the US
* You're NOT using one of the featured distributions.

I've had enough experience with the above to contribute something;
documentation.  And there are better forms than searchable ML archives.

Maarten