[mythtv-users] Re:MythTV Help Website

Jason S jms_temp at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 08:50:11 EDT 2004

I agree with the previous posters about Wiki... I've
built Myth on 3 different motherboards and 4 different
distributions of Linux (well, I'm in the middle of my
4th right now, trying Fedora with Jarod's long but
very thorough guide)... I'd like a place where I could
go and just write some stuff up.

One master document is a good idea, don't get me
wrong. It helps people who can't find a "recipe" that
matches their setup.

But in order to "be everything to everyone", it has to
generalize a lot or add tons of stuff that most
readers couldn't care less about... it's a heck of a
lot easier to find someone who built a system very
similar to yours and then just follow their steps. And
if you find a problem, just fix it.

Or, just use Knoppmyth if you've got a vanilla setup,
almost no reading required. :-) (It won't support
dual-booting off one physical disk at this point, so
I've had to move to a NEW distribution, yet again...)

- Jason Syversen