[mythtv-users] Trying to get tv_grab_na_dd

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:38:35 EDT 2004

>From: Pierre Diversé <chong at prtc.net>
>To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Trying to get tv_grab_na_dd
>Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:09:36 -0400
>
>Ok so I got the CVS version of mythtv running, but I still have problems
>with all the shows being off by one hour.  Since I'm in Puerto Rico there
>is
>no daylight savings time here so the database should not be shifted.  I
>could no get the XMLTV offset in mythtv version 14 to work, it just would
>not do anything.  So my question now is, can I use tv_grab_na_dd with the
>mythfilldatabase in mythtv 15?  If so how do I get to use tv_grab_na_dd
>instead of tv_grab_na?
>
>Just in case
>
>Gentoo
>kernel 2.6.5-mm1
>i686 mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M 1400+ AuthenticAMD
>mythtv-0.15 from CVS
>xmltv-0.5.31
>Clock is set to utc and the timezone in Gentoo is set to Puerto_Rico, date
>command shows correct time for both.
>

>Thanks in advace,
>
>Pierre Diversé

Current CVS has been patched to support tv_grab_na_dd.  You would
need to re-run setup to select tv_grab_na_dd as your grabber and then
go through the configuration to set your userid, password, timezone and
lineup.  Works fine for me (in EDT) but I'll have to reset the offset in 6
months (guess you are better off with no DST).

-- Harry O.