[mythtv-users] irgap not found with pvr-350 remote

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:44:26 EDT 2004

>From: "Khanh Tran" <khanh at slc.edu>
>To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] irgap not found with pvr-350 remote
>Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:00:06 -0400
>
>hello all...
>
>I've got a new (off eBay) PVR-350.  I'm trying to get lirc to irrecord
>some codes, however I keep getting an error:
>
>irrecord: gap not found, can't continue
>
>It should be noted that when loading the kernel modules for lirc_dev and
>lirc_i2c I get in /var/log/messages:
>
>Apr 14 18:38:35 tv kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver
>registered, at major 61
>Apr 14 18:38:36 tv kernel: bttv: driver version 0.7.104 loaded
>Apr 14 18:38:36 tv kernel: bttv: using 4 buffers with 2080k (8320k
>total) for capture
>Apr 14 18:38:36 tv kernel: bttv: Host bridge is PCI device 1039:0651
>(Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS])
>Apr 14 18:38:36 tv insmod:
>/lib/modules/2.4.21-199-default/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.o:
>init_module: No such device
>Apr 14 18:38:36 tv insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
>incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
>Apr 14 18:38:36 tv insmod:
>/lib/modules/2.4.21-199-default/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.o:
>insmod bttv failed
>
>Since I'm using a PVR-350, I'm guessing BTTV isn't what I want.  I've
>got the ivtv drivers installed and so far I can cat /dev/video0 to a
>file and it looks good.
>
>-khanh

Looks like you didn't select the correct device when you did the
LIRC setup.  Maybe try a make distclean and re-run the setup
and select the Hauppauge IR receiver?  Also, there should be
no need to use irrecord.  Use the RC-5 lircd.conf from the LIRC
website.  It contains all possible RC-5 codes.  If you use IRW to
show the codes resulting from each button press you should be
able to pare down the original lircd.conf to one that contains
only the codes being sent by your remote without having to try
to relearn the codes.

HTH!

-- Harry O.