[mythtv-users] How can I get good picture through Xv

Peter Martens peter.martens at home.nl
Thu Apr 15 14:58:51 EDT 2004

I 've finally managed to set up MythTV, using an Asus Pundit and a PVR-350,
thanks to Jarod 's guide. There is only one problem i 'm struggling with at
the moment. Probably this isn't really the right place to post it, let me
try...
I installed everything (only for ivtv I used latest CVS) from ATrpms
packages. The sis driver from T. Winischhofer.
Problem:
Video through Xv is really crappy. There are vertical lines, about 2cm good
picture, then 2cm horrible picture (wrong colour, speckles...), then again
2cm good picture and so on. (maybe a difficult way to describe something
well known, but I don't know). When I play through X11 (e.g. mplayer -vo
x11), there is no problem.
It seems though that my Xvideo is broken. I don 't know how to fix this....

Who can help me with this issue?

Greetings,

Peter