[mythtv-users] Re: anti-spam email address (was: Free USB RF remote )

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Apr 15 15:26:11 EDT 2004

> > Easily taken care of : amazon at milkcarton.com ERROR:553 ALL SPAMERS DIE
>  HAhaha that's EXACTLY what I do. It works amazingly well:)

I put the full domain name in...  But yes, it works nicely.  confuses
the HECK out of phone sales people, though...  ordering at earthbox.com
- "My email address?  Yes, it's earthbox.com at.." "no, sir, YOUR email
address" "yes, just let me finish...."  had to go through several of
those before she just typed it in.

On the other hand, it also let me alert cooking.com that they had been
hacked (or so they claim - apparently a few other people use this system
and started complaining when spam started coming in).  Annoying as heck
since now I get spam filed away in my "online shopping" maildir.

we'll see if x10 sells the address (there was nowhere to opt in or out
of mailings).  if they do, they'll get an earful.  I'm making sure to
register it at http://registry.waisp.org - since we're both in WA, it
should be easy to make them follow the laws.

-Chris