[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Brian Rumple brumple at VALUBOND.COM
Thu Apr 15 15:26:19 EDT 2004

Apr 12 23:56:00 rumple kernel: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xbc7/0x2)
is not claimed by any active driver.

Then the wish driver grabs it and spits out its own messages.

The data that is sent from the usb driver is fairly simple.  You might
would have to do some translation, but I bet it is all very similar.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Greg Estabrooks
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 2:53 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

> I am in the middle of creating a patch against wish version 1.6.9.  I
> will post it in a day or two.  This version doesn't work with the 2.6
> kernel.  I will be rewriting my driver to work with version 2.0.1 of
> wish which does work with the 2.6 kernel.  I am currently running
> 2.4.25 with no problems.

 I'm curious, when you plug in the RF transceiver what does your kernel
log show? Something similar to this?

Apr 12 00:02:49 woop kernel: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Transceiver
on usb3 :2.0

 I've got a OneBoxMC remote (www.oneboxmc.com) and I hacked up an ATI
Remote Wonder usb driver I found for it to add support. I just wonder if
I picked up one of these if I could extend my driver to support this as
well. The less I have to load on the machine the better :)