[mythtv-users] So close I can taste it ...

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Thu Apr 15 15:39:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 14:17, James Orr wrote:
> Anyway, using ffmpeg I can record a beautiful looking picture.  Problem
> is, when I start using mythfrontend the colors go strange and the
> picture moves across the screen from right to left.  Sound does come
> through OK though.
>
> If I use ffmpeg after using mythfrontend I see the same results there,
> though not in mplayer or xawtv.  The only way to get ffmpeg to look good
> again that I know of is to remove the rivatv module and then load it
> again.
>
> Now, I am still using myth 0.13, mostly because gentoo hasn't unmasked
> 0.14 yet.  Is this something that might be fixed in 0.14?

Update:  I upgraded to 0.14, but that doesn't appear to have been the
problem.

I did discover something rather odd though.  The ffmpeg command I was
giving had the -an option (no audio recording).  When I issues the
ffmpeg command with -ad /dev/dsp (or even just leaving -an out) I get
the same results as when viewing with mythfrontend.

How could the sound be affecting the picture I get?

My sound card is on the motherboard, Intel 82801EB AC'97.

--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>