[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 15:50:02 EDT 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 14:45, Dan Morphis wrote:
> VERY good point John :-)  I usually create an email acct for each
> company I buy from; make it easy to block an entire companies spam.
> Also lets me know who is spaming me, or selling my email address.
> Like stupid amazon, I've unchecked all the boxes that say "Please
> spam me" and I still get their crap.
>
> Easily taken care of : amazon at milkcarton.com ERROR:553 ALL SPAMERS
> DIE
>
> But, I digress :-)
>
> John Kuhn wrote:
> > use your spam email account... this is X10 after all.. i made the
> > mistake years ago on a free offer.. 50 billion spam later i paid
> > for it
> >
> > on a side note isnt this the exact same as the ati remote wonder 2?
> > extremly good deal if it is
> >
> > --John

Anybody deal with X10 before?  I know they're widely known, but just how
reputable are they?  I ask because when you check out they ask for your
"Card Security Number" (the 3-digit code after your credit card number
on the back of your card) and the issuing bank's phone number.  Am I
the only one that finds this rather unusual?

-JAC