[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Apr 15 16:09:09 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:26:19PM -0400, Brian Rumple wrote:
> Apr 12 23:56:00 rumple kernel: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xbc7/0x2)
> is not claimed by any active driver.
>
> Then the wish driver grabs it and spits out its own messages.
>
> The data that is sent from the usb driver is fairly simple.  You might
> would have to do some translation, but I bet it is all very similar.

  That is the same product id as  my Onebox. I had to add that
deviceid and then only made a few customizations to the code to support it.
I'd bet money that it would work pretty much "out of the box" with
my customized one. Looks like I will be ordering one after all :)

 Then it's a simple matter of insmod x10rf_remote.o After that
every button press just appears as a keypress without any lirc or other
application needed. Basically the remote becomes a wireless USB keyboard.

 I've been thinking of making the Remote buttons to Keyboard map
a config file rather than statically placed in the module. Maybe I'll
at adding that now just in case anyone is interested.