[mythtv-users] Mini-Box M-100 for frontend

Paul W. Smith cvpsmith at ncche.olemiss.edu
Thu Apr 15 16:33:49 EDT 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 2:40 pm, Dex West wrote:
> Is there any chance this system would work?
>
> a.  Looks like it only runs on embedded linux
> b.  has no hard drive just a CF slot
> C.  Has tv-out but doesn't have mpeg-2 decoder.  So
> will 1000mhz cpu be enough?
>
> If so, this looks the perfect Myth Frontend..
>
> http://www.mini-box.com/m100.htm

This looks to be a pretty standard VIA Eden M-ITX motherboard.  The difference
being that the case is M-ITX, but with no support for a hard drive or pci
card.  I guess you could use USB-based hard drives and capture cards with it?

However, I see no apparent reason why you couldn't run standard (non-embedded)
Linux on it other than drive space issues...