[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Jason Lee mythtv at theleehouse.net
Thu Apr 15 17:03:14 EDT 2004

Boyd II, Willy wrote:
> This isn't unusual.  I've seen several places do it.  I just considered
> it a more secure approach on the part of the retailer.

I work in retail and am currently developing some CC software, so I've
been immersed in this a bit.  It is my understanding that, since this
number (CVV2) is printed on the back of the card, a would be thief would
either have to have the card in his hand or have been much more careful
in stealing your information.  This number, for example, is not printed
on CC statements, so this extra step should go a long way toward
preventing CC theft via dumpster diving.  In short, I don't think it's
anything to worry about, and probably something to be thankful for. :)

--
jason lee
Steeplesoft -- http://www.steeplesoft.com