[mythtv-users] Recording priorities question...

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Thu Apr 15 17:04:59 EDT 2004

Sorry if this has been asked before, I took a quick look through the
archives. Anyways, what effect do the values given to the priority of a show
have? For example, I have a show with a +2 priority, and a show with a +5
priority at the same time. With one tuner, it is my thinking the +5 should
be recording, but it is not. I know Myth will record the show with a lower
priority if the higher one is on again, but that is not the case here
either. I first noticed this on Wednesday when instead of taping the new
episode of 'That '70s Show' (w/ +5 rating), it instead taped a rerun of
Sienfeld (+2 rating). Do I have to enable something for the recording
priorities to have any effect, or am I doing something wrong?

Nate Thompson